19th and 20th OCTOBER 2013
GRASSMARKET CENTRE, EDINBURGH
A two day conference bringing international speakers and groups and organisations actively supporting the Palestinian call for a campaign of Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) aims to build on boycott successes and growing civil society support for Palestine in Scotland and around the UK.
Divestment of public, workplace and church pension funds from companies, Israeli or otherwise, complicit in Israel’s daily violations of Palestinian rights is a vital part of our solidarity work. During the struggle against South African apartheid, churches, trade unions and campaigners were part of the world-wide divestment movement. It is now time to follow the example of others by divesting from Israeli occupation, colonisation and apartheid.
- Please register for the conference here (£20 or £10 concession). You can also register by post.
- Download, print / distribute leaflet
- Leaflet (white background)
Speakers & participants include:
Anna Baltzer, National Organiser, US Campaign to End the Occupation; Yafa Jarrar, Students Against Israeli Apartheid at Carleton University, Canada; Ingvild Skogvold, Advisor, Norwegian People’s Aid; Michael Deas, Europe Coordinator, Palestinian BDS National Committee; Maggie Chapman, Scottish Green Party; Peter Macdonald, Leader of the Iona Community
This conference will help take the first steps in launching effective divestment campaigns in Scotland. Speakers from Canada, the US and Norway are coming to share their experiences and skills. To ensure the conference is a success your support is needed.
- Financial donations will help pay for travel for speakers, venue fees and publicity. These can be made online at http://divest.scottishpsc.org.uk/
- Endorsement of the conference will be an important indicator of Scottish, UK and international civil society support for the Palestinian call for a campaign of boycott, divestment and sanctions – ask your trade union, trades council, campaign, group or institution to endorse
- Your participation in the conference will ensure there are enough of us with the knowledge and skills to take the divestment campaign forward – attend the conference and also ask your trade union, campaign, group or institution to send delegates
Donations can be made via the SPSC website or by mail to Scottish PSC, c/o Peace & Justice Centre, Edinburgh, EH2 4BJ. Please mark all correspondence with reference to ‘Time to Divest Conference’. E-mails can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.