With a great line up of speakers this is a great opportunity to share experiences of struggle and organise for the future.
Date: 21st February 2009
Time: 10.00am – 5.00pm
Venue: Charles Wilson Building, Glasgow University, corner of University Avenue and Gibson Street.
Get your ticket here: Glasgow Stop the War or register on the day
Food available in the venue.
Registration is from 9.30am
- Free Palestine – end the siege of Gaza
- War and Occupation: Afghanistan, Africa, Iraq, Pakistan, Palestine …
- Nukes and NATO: 60 years of NATO is enough. Will Obama deliver change?
- As the wave of student occupations spread – Where next for the student movement?
- War at Home and Resistance: Islamophobia, Civil Liberties, Military Families …
The line up of international speakers already include –
- Walter Wolfgang (Labour NEC)
- Ghada Karmi (Palestinian campaigner)
- Kate Hudson (British CND, Chair)
- Aamer Anwar (human rights lawyer)
- Pauline McNeill (Labour MSP)
- Sandra White (SNP MSP)
- Bill Kidd (SNP MSP)
- Neil Mackay (journalist)
- Jackson Culinane (UNITE union)
- Hossam el-Hamalawy (Egyptian journalist)
- Osama Saeed (Scottish Islamic Foundation)
- Rose Gentle (Military Families Against War)
- Eamonn McCann (Raytheon Nine)
- Mohammad Asif (Scottish Afghan Society)
- Lindsey German (Stop the War Coalition convenor)
- Ivona Novomestska (Czech bases campaign)
- Dave Moxham (STUC), Alan McKinnon (SCND)
- Kenny Ross (Scottish Regional Secretary FBU)
- Mujahid Islam
- others to be confirmed
Tickets also available from Stop the War members:
Aberdeen 07505 006 170 – Bus leaves Aberdeen city centre at 7:00am – to book a place call this number.
Dundee 07792 920764 – Bus leaves Discovery Point, Dundee at 8:00am – to book a place call this number.
Edinburgh 07773 423 051: meet 8.15 at the departure board at Edinburgh Waverley to catch the 8.30 train to Glasgow – it should be possible to use the 4 for 2 ticket arrangements which halves the price of travel.
Fife 07806 332 345
Glasgow 07869 306 483
You can get your ticket online now by going to Glasgow Stop the War
We would ask for a donation of £5.00 to help us with speakers travel costs, venue hire and publicity costs. If you would like to donate more please do so – there are donation options up to £25.00.
Sponsor someone to attend.
In the unfortunate case that you cannot attend on the day please do consider helping someone else to attend. You can do this by clicking on same link as above Glasgow Stop the War and giving a donation of £6.00.